Use Advanced Search
Use Advanced Search to do a targeted search for contacts and companies, specifying as much or as little search information as you want. The more search fields you complete, the more precise your search. In addition to specifying fields for your search, you can upload a list of specific companies to target for your search.
After you find contacts and companies, you can click a contact or company name to see detailed information, or refine your search results to focus on specific company or contact information.
- Advanced Search Fields
- Contact Info (contact searches only)
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address: Provide this info to search for contacts whose information matches this criteria exactly. The quickest way to find a specific contact is to search for the email address.
- Job Title: Type one or more job titles, separated by commas. The comma separates search criteria. For example, type Director,Marketing to find contacts with Director or Marketing in their titles. Type Director Marketing to find contacts with both Director and Marketing in their titles. You can use shortcuts in your job title search. For example, you can type dir, mktg to find contacts with Director or Marketing in their titles. And you can Exclude job titles to focus your search further.
- Company: Type one or more company names, website addresses, stock symbols, or a combination of these criteria, separated by commas. For example, you can type ibm.com, GOOG, Yahoo Inc to find contacts who work at IBM, Google, and Yahoo. And you can Exclude companies from your search.
- Upload a .CSV file to search for multiple companies: Upload a list of specific companies to target for your contact search:
- Create a file in .csv format that specifies the companies, using the format company name,URL. The easiest way to create a .csv file is to upload the template from the Contact Info panel. Specify the companies to upload–one company per row, up to 300 companies per file:
- Browse to the location of your .csv file and open it. Connect uploads the company list from the .csv file and searches the companies for contacts, based on your search criteria.
- Company Info (company searches only)
Type one or more company names, website addresses, stock symbols, or a combination of these criteria, separated by commas.
For example, you can type ibm.com, GOOG, Yahoo Inc to find contacts who work at IBM, Google, and Yahoo.
- Job Role (contact searches only)
To focus your search on specific job roles, select one or more levels and departments. For example, you can select Director-Level roles in the Sales department.
Contacts can have up to three departments associated with them. If a contact is associated with more than one department, only the information associated with the top-level role appears in the search results. All contact information, including all departments, appears when you export search results.
- ZIP Code or Area Code: Type one or more ZIP or area codes, separated by commas. You can enter partial codes. For example, entering the three digits 941 finds all Connect contacts or companies in the range of ZIP codes from 94100 to 94199. You can also specify codes to exclude from the search.
- Country/State or Metro Area: You can target a geographic region using these options if you don’t know ZIP codes or area codes, or if you don’t want to target specific codes. For example, you can select San Francisco to target the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
- Industry/Sub-Industry: Select one or more industries and sub-industries for your search. If you select multiple industries that have intersecting results, Connect shows only the record that most closely matches your search criteria—duplicate records don’t appear. For example, searching both the Computers & Electronics industry and the Telecommunications industry finds companies and contacts that fit into both categories, but the results show only the closest match.
- Specify levels of revenue, Fortune rank, number of employees, and ownership.
- User Actions (contact searches only)
- Include or exclude contacts that have been added or updated, based on their screen names.
Did you find this article helpful?