Earn Points and Royalty - Add and Update
- Add business contacts, either individually or by uploading a file that contains info about multiple contacts. You become the royalty owner of contacts you add.
- Update information for a contact, even if you’re not the royalty owner.
- Collect royalties. You earn a royalty point every time another community member buys a contact you added.
You spend points to buy contacts that other community members have added. If you don’t have enough points to buy a contact, you can buy more points using a credit card.
Some tips about points and royalty ownership
- If you update a contact more than once in 30 days, you only get points for one update. For example, if you update a contact’s name you get 5 points, but if you update any of that contact’s info within 30 days, you won’t get extra points. There’s one exception: if you update a contact to add a direct-dial phone number, even within 30 days of another update, you get 5 extra points.
- Only one community member can be royalty owner at a time. This means that if another member updates one of your owned contacts and thus gains royalty ownership of it, you lose royalty ownership.
- You can use a credit card to purchase points from Connect. You can use purchased points whenever you need to, for up to a year. This is handy if, for example, you need to use funds allocated for purchasing contacts but you don’t need to make the purchases yet.
|Action||Points||Effect on Royalty|
|Add a company.||+5||You don’t become owner because companies don’t have royalty owners.|
|Add a contact.||+5||You become owner.|
|Add a contact including a direct-dial phone number.||+10||You become owner.|
|Update a contact’s non-direct-dial phone number to direct-dial.||+5||You become owner, because this is a major contact update.|
|Update a contact’s email.||+5||You become owner, because this is a major contact update.|
|Deactivate or reactivate a contact.||+5||You become owner only if you purchase this contact, or if you previously owned it.|
|Update a contact’s name, title, location, or non-direct-dial phone number||+5||You don’t become owner, because these are minor updates.|
|Another member purchases a contact of which you’re the royalty owner.||+1||You remain owner.|
|Purchase a contact from another community member.||-5||The original contact owner retains ownership.|
|Another member updates a contact you added or updated, or inactivates the contact within 45 days, and you do not contest the member action.||-10||You remain owner if the other member didn’t gain royalty by the action.|
Did you find this article helpful?